EARN WHILE YOU LEARN!
If you are the kind of person who learns best by doing things, then training on the job (sometimes called Industry Training) may be your best option. There are two ways to work towards National Qualifications while you're employed. You can become a Trainee, or a Modern Apprentice.
Industry Training helps people who are employed to become achievers by:
- Working with the Employer and Trainee to determine the Trainees future career path
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses, and helping fill any knowledge and skill gaps.
- Providing high quality training and coaching that leads to the achievement of a National Certificate.
- Facilitating the provision of training and assessment
- Assisting with any applicable industry subsidy towards the cost of achieving the qualification
TO QUALIFY AS A TRAINEE, YOU NEED TO:
- Be employed within the Wood Industry.
- Have a signed Training Agreement with FITEC and your Employer to train towards a National Certificate at Level 2, 3, 4 or 5 of the National Qualifications Framework.
A SHARED COMMITMENT
Employers commit in good faith to carry out training appropriate for the achievement of the qualification. The Trainee must have a clear intention to train towards the national certificate, be willing, motivated and committed to undertake training as required. The FITEC Regional Training Advisor ensures the Employer and Trainee receives ongoing support to achieve the qualification.
TRAINEE QUALIFICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE IN:
- Forestry - Harvesting
- Forestry - Silviculture
- Civil Construction
- Saw Doctoring
- Timber Machining
- Finger Joint Operating
- Kiln Operating
- LVL-Plywood Operating
- Post and Pole Operating
- Timber Grading
- Drying and Treatment Operator
- Treatment Plant Operator
- Handling and Distribution
- Pulp and Paper Manufacturing
- Tissue Converting
- Energy and Chemical Plant Operation
- Competitive Manufacturing
- Furniture Making
- Furniture Finishing
- Furniture Upholstery
- Business Administration
- Credit and Finance
- First Line Management
- Maintenance and Logistics
- Health and Safety
Contact us if you are interested in becoming a Trainee.